Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 9: Scripture Challenge

July 9, 2012

On day nine I again spent the majority of my study time catching up on blogging my previous study days. It's interesting how much more I got out of those studies as I blogged them. Sure I was keeping notes in my study notebook as I read, but having to make a post describing those study days is like adding yet another level of meditation to my study and it made a huge difference.

When I read something, I rarely get much more than the most basic storyline out of my study. When I read with a notebook and take notes, I get a slightly clearer picture of how the storyline applies to me in general terms and when I write a journal entry or blog post about it, I find my focus sharpening on what I specifically need to learn at this moment of my life.

I have been feeling so many promptings for so long lately that I need to keep a journal again, but I have ignored them all. This blog is the closest I've come to doing it. (Potential future "Perfect Month?")

No comments: