Yesterday was the 20th day of this month. I can't say that I have done a great job of making the most of this challenge. I know that I benefit most from scripture study when I do it earlier in the day, for example, and most of this challenge I have been studying from 11:30-midnight give or take a half hour.
Having said that, I would like to acknowledge some of the blessings I've gotten from setting aside 30 minutes every day for scripture study and pondering.
Although my study has not been at the ideal time of day and despite my failure to develop a clear study plan or objective, Heavenly Father has used this opportunity to teach me something that I need to know at this moment in my life. He wants me to love His children and He wants me to be grateful and happy for the blessings he's given me. Lucky for me, once He pointed this out to me, I realized that I want these things for myself as well. I want them desperately and I would probably have continued for a long time without realizing that hunger had I not allowed Him to teach me.
Gratitude log for July 20, 2012:
- I got to go Visiting Teaching twice, once in the morning and once in the evening
- In the morning, my VT companion shared a message about love and testified that if we ask Heavenly Father to increase our love, He will
- Matt made dinner and it was delicous
- It was a cooler day (it poured the night before!)
- Lillian learned the word "hug"