Hi faithful followers, I'm finally back to report a complete slide off the cliff of Perfect Months. Despite the fact that the above photo is a photo of a cliff, I actually chose it to represent a fresh start. (Maybe I should've thought through my first sentence....)
I just found out that I will not be hired on at my field placement when I graduate. Although I was very enthusiastic about the possibility of continuing my career there, I am not overly disappointed. I am excited to have more time to enjoy my daughter and to work on some projects.
One of those projects will involve some experimentation with monetizing this blog. I hope you're not all too offended. I don't really plan on this blog every being a money maker, but I'm considering creating a new blog that would be designed to generate a bit of extra income once those student debts start rolling in. In the meantime, I hope to use this blog as a test drive. Most likely I will take off the ads once I have an idea of how to use them and I begin work on my other blog.
I also hope to start this blog up again now that I am feeling a bit of relief from things that had been stressing me. (Mostly worrying about whether or not I would be working and how I would balance family, work, and church responsibilities and still leave time for taking care of myself!)
I am going to make a list of ideas that I've had for my next perfect month, and I'd like to know what topic interests you, my few but precious readers. Also, here's a shameless plea for aid in my quest for more readers: If you know anyone who you think would be interested in the concept of this blog, please pass it on to them. This is really my beginning attempts at learning how to use my writing and other skills to make an impact, so the more people it reaches, the better!
Okay, here's the list:
- Perfect month of self-care (treating myself well)
- Perfect month of finances (no unnecessary purchases)
- Perfect month of cooking (meal plans, etc)
- Perfect month of journaling (I'd do it on the perfect month blog rather than in a journal as I did in the past)
- Perfect month of exercise (not just running)
- Perfect month of service (daily acts of service)
- Perfect month of learning (homework, learning about things that interest me)
- Perfect month of organizing