Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 7: Scripture Challenge

July 7, 2012

Today I read about Nephi's purpose in writing in the plates: to persuade people to come unto Christ and be saved. As I thought about this, I wanted to listen to hymn 117: Come unto Jesus. Because lds.org is awesome, I went there and was listening to it within a few seconds of that whim. I often find myself zoning out during the hymns at church, so I particularly enjoyed listening at home and carefully reading the words as they played. (I decided not to sing because the technical aspects of singing sometimes distract me from the words themselves).

I have decided to incorporate hymns and music into my study whenever I feel so inspired. I am finding that my study is much more productive when I allow it to be dynamic. Lately, the more flexible my study plan, the better my experience.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I like that idea! I am going to use hymns in my scripture study more often.