Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 2: Running Challenge

On day two I only hit the snooze button 3 times. An improvement. But, don't be fooled. I was nowhere near as excited and perky as I was on day one and day two was definitely not filled with leftover run energy.

In the first minute of my run I almost ran over a poor walker (I was going downhill and when he turned the corner and ended up in front of him we nearly scared each other to death!). At the end of my run, which was still only a five minute half-mile, I had to run uphill. As I was feeling exhausted and wanting to quit, I came to the road. A car slowed to a stop and the driver was leaning her head out of her open window. For a split second I awaited her praise or shout of encouragement. Then I realized she was just trying to see around me so she could make a left turn.

By the end of the day I was exhausted. Matt and I decided to take Lilly to the play area of the mall and set her loose. About five minutes after we arrived she was sitting on a soft foamy stair and was being mauled by three little girls. They were on each side of her patting her and petting her head. This went on for at least 5 minutes, maybe 10. We kept expecting Lilly to get upset, but every couple of minutes, she'd peek her head around one of the girls and flash us a big toothy grin.


2 comments:

Teri said...

Yay for you, Cam! I am so excited that you went for it on Day 2 - it's always much harder than Day 1! I think Day 3 might be even harder, but at least you've got Sunday to rest up first. I'm rooting for you and I will comment on every blog post from now on for encouragement (even if you have an imperfect day and miss running!). You are totally awesome. And if I had been driving by, I would have rolled down my window and yelled that at you. :D

Jaime said...

You make me want to shout encouragement every time I see someone exercising! Maybe I'll try that from now on.