Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 17: Running Challenge

In the last few days I've been happy to hear that several of my friends have been inspired by my blog! First, a close friend living in New York has begun a daily exercise program which he's been doing for a couple of weeks now, and last night when I was enjoying an already wonderful skype visit with three of my favorite people, I heard that two more of my friends were inspired and decided to begin training for a 5k together!

I don't know how to adequately explain how happy that makes me. I had hoped that by making this blog, I would create a sense of personal responsibility for my goals, but I am pleasantly surprised to find that it has also given other people some of the motivation that had been evading me for so long. I wish you three the best and would love for you to comment on "The Perfect Month" about how your goals are going.

Last night was day 16 of the running challenge and the run itself was nothing spectacular. I started out intending to do my new slightly-over-a-mile run but it was pitch black dark when I got beyond my normal turn-around point and without any street lamps, the lecturing of many friends and family members got the best of me as I began to imagine people following me...

I want to make a running T-shirt that says "I run with MACE" or even better, "I run with A mace"


6 comments:

Christina said...

That would be an awesome t shirt.

And it is inspiring, Cam! I've been trying to decide what kind of exercise program I can start!

Emily said...

Love the visual! :) You really SHOULD run with a mace. That would both be menacing, and make your run more challenging (Not that running NEEDS to be more challenging)!

MyFitnessTrainer.com said...

Ha ha. I love the idea, Cam, and I love Emily's response to it. Definitely, run with a mace.

Congratulations on your cool new blog, cool goal, and the great success you're having with it this month! Love it.

MyFitnessTrainer.com said...

Oh, and I'd just like to note that I've managed to avoid blogs for the past ten years as many, many friends and family members started them, but I'm finally taking the plunge: I will follow this blog.

Love you!

MyFitnessTrainer.com said...

I have no idea what possesses people to run, but if that makes you and your friends happy, I'm all for it. If I were to do a race, it'd be that one super-long swimming race in Hawaii. Now, that's my idea of a goal. (Can't type more, too busy dreaming of Hawaii....)

Teri said...

Emily and Christina both read my mind with their comments. :)