Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Perfect Year...wait, WHAT?

I'm back and since I apparently got bored with perfect months, I'm going for a perfect YEAR. (Kind of.)

Over Christmas I had the rare luxury of reading for pleasure when I noticed a book at Matt's mom's house that caught my attention: "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. Obviously any book with the words "happiness" and "project" are right up my ally, so I picked it up. 

Here's the basic premise: She studies everything she can about happiness, and develops a plan to make her life happier in 12 months. It is loosely based off of Benjamin Franklin's 13 Virtues (Emily M now H, I now know what you see in the man). Each month she charts herself on daily goals based on the virtue of the month, adding each new month to the previous months on the chart. I, being a goal and chart loving person myself, was drawn in by the idea and I'm now one month in to my newest self-improvement endeavor. I am not necessarily shooting for perfection on these goals in the same way that I did for the Perfect Month, but I am shooting for perfect charting and accountability. I will also plan to update this blog once weekly on Sundays to report on my progress.



Please follow me and leave comments. It will be a HUGE help in motivating me.

If you're curious about the book that inspired me, feel free to check out her blog:
www.gretchenrubin.com


7 comments:

J.krewson said...

I love it! And I just requested the book from the library.

Christina said...

Hooray!!

Christina said...

Hooray!!

Anonymous said...

Double hooray!

Emily said...

... Triple hooray? Well, at any rate, huzzah! This sounds awesome. And now I have a new book to look up.
I'm glad you appreciate our good ol' founding father, Benjamin Franklin. ;)

Anonymous said...

I got so excited when I saw there was a new post! I love reading your posts, Carol-Marie, and they inspire me to think about where I want to focus in my life. - Jaime

Ted Meikle said...

Uncluttered is good. Productive clutter is fine, however. You need to allow yourself that, and not feel guilty about it.